Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Let me clear my throat

I travel pretty regularly so I've gotten to know the guy who drives me to airport pretty well.  This past Sunday he was clearing his throat quite a bit and I asked him if he was getting sick.  He said that it's just his allergies acting up and he's had that issue for as long as he can remember.  I suggested that he try taking some Guaifenesin, and if that didn't work, he should try Prilosec.  My untrained ear diagnosed him with what I thought might be acid reflux, but I was hoping that it might just be that he has some thick mucus buildup, maybe caused by allergies that could be treated with a simple expectorant.  He asked me to write down the names of the medicine I was suggesting and then proceeded to thank me profusely.  He said "Man, thanks!  If I had gone to see a doctor it would have cost me $100!"

Good doctor FTW.

Throwback Tuesdays: DJ Kool - Let Me Clear My Throat

You can always reach us at patientquack@gmail.com.
Remember, you get what you pay for...which in this case is bad advice for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment